Friday, March 28, 2014

The Giant Door

It's official, we are locked out. I don't like it, but good to think that the next time we let ourselves into the house it will be with keys. 

The big door went on today and wow is it huge! I have no idea how the chippy lifted it onto the hinges. We also have our Omni Tri-Lock handle on and it's so shiny *mesmerised*. 

Our tilers have been MIA since Wednesday, so I'm not sure when they will finish grouting. Our SS is sorting out whether we should use the stacked stone we had delivered or replace it with a similar product that has corner pieces (so our tilers aren't cutting mitre joints in stone for the next 50 years...). Maybe the tilers will come back once the stone situation is resolved. 

Rumor has it, Monday will finally be kitchen day. I have the highest hopes, but will believe it when I lay my eyes on it :) 

                   
                   

3 comments:

  1. Love ur front entrance, a real statement,,maybe the thought of all that tiling on ur portico has scared the tilers away lol,,,it doesnt take long to grout anyway,,fingers crossed ur kitchen shows on monday,,it will give u something to look forward to over the week end,,ur house is looking lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new door is great! It looks elegant, and the handle makes it look quite modern. You’ve got a fancy new lock as well, which seems to be quite reliable. Anyway, I’ve managed to view your recent updates regarding your interior, and I loved how you decorated it. Thanks for sharing this with us. Have a great day!


    Joyce Roberson @ Locksmiths London

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding the door to a new house is always one of the best parts! Shame about being locked out though. I remember when I was a child, my father helped build our house and the most exciting part was getting to walk through each doorway with an almost skeleton infrastructure. I wish you my best as you continue to enhance the house of your dreams!

    ReplyDelete