Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Waterproofing and Down Pipes

Today our site was bustling with activity as the waterproofing was done inside and plumbing of the down pipes outside. I'm not sure how many coats the waterproofing needs, but it looked good this afternoon. They also installed the tracks for the shower screens and metal dividers between tiled/non tiled rooms.

Outside the plumbers put in the down pipes and it looks like the expansion joints between the bricks have been filled too. Our down pipes would have been a pain to install as we are cutting down below the current ground level on one side so that our side path is level with the neighbours. It's amazing how high our house sits, even though the fall across the block from right to left is subtle.

I think the next thing to happen will be kitchen installation over the weekend, then we are meeting with the tiler on Monday, I've been keeping a keen eye out for the delivery of our stacked stone, I know I'm going to be in love with it.

Main bathroom 
                  

Powder room
                 

Laundry
                 
   
Ensuite 
                  
                  
 
  Pipes!
                  

5 comments:

  1. so glad your kitchen is being sorted out so quickly, you must be very relieved! also, how lethal does that waterproofing smell haha looking good mel, i think April is still a good month for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking awesome Mel, the colours have come together nicely, can't wait to see the kitchen...no doubt you'll be over there like a shot over the weekend lol. Yeah I recon you'll be getting a nice little Easter pressy in your basket this year and it's not an egg!!!!!! fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies :) I am super impressed with how fast they got our kitchen remade. You know me well Michelle, I will definitely be over at the house like a bee to honey haha. We are still planning to put a wet bar in after handover (when the money tree grows back) and I was thinking about questioning the kitchen guys about it while they are there.

    Hmmm I don't know about April, I hope so though! They have a lot of electrical to do along with the fireplace and flooring, so those extras might slow us up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some really nice progress that has been made on that project of yours. It can be a tough thing to be living around a construction area. Thankfully some project interfere with daily life less than others.
    http://www.guttercraft.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate you sharing this info! When it comes to having a home it's good to know about the downpipes. It plays a big role in keeping the overall plumbing in your home running smoothly. This helped me understand more about them so I'll be prepared if things go wrong.

    http://www.guttercraft.com.au

    ReplyDelete