Wednesday, February 26, 2014

External Painting and Door Deliveries

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw our house today, the moroka has been completed along with the painting of the eaves, front patio and alfresco AND staining of the wooden columns and door frame.

I have been having nightmares about the builders mix stain being too dark on the wood and although the contrast against our moroka is stark, it still looks lovely. I don't think we could have gone any lighter due to the caoba garage door that will be going in. Hopefully there aren't any more coats to go on tomorrow that will make it darker. 

The moroka colour was another gamble as paint almost never looks like what you would expect. We have used Taubmans Pebble Bay and I feel that it will all come together beautifully once our stacked stone is on the columns. This should carry through the warm tone from the roof and lightness of the windows. Finished with some greenery and decking in the entryway it should be fab! 

The difference a coat of paint makes!
    
    

The paint studio AKA our media room
    

8 comments:

  1. WOW! Mel that looks incredible, the colours tie together beautifully. And what a relief with the stain colour, I'm still waiting for our beams to be stained and have been very nervous. But yours looks like a million bucks, you must be very pleased

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! We are really really happy with the facade! The neighbours are probably wondering why I keep standing out of the street, just gazing across at our beautiful house haha.
      I think you will be fine with the stain, looking at your colour selections it looks like the same sample that we had. As much as a dread it, I'd feel better for the house to be locked up now. It's strange having paint but no doors...

      Delete
  2. Lookin great! Are your windows surfmist?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Agsinst the Grain. The windows are in pure white gloss :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love. Love. Love it! I can't wait to see the next update! Facade is very striking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that was me above...

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much E&M! Hopefully I'll have some updates with exciting pictures soon :) Your place is looking fantastic as well - looking forward to seeing it with the scaffolding off!

      Delete
  5. Nothing breathes new life into an aging home or business like a brand new coat of paint. sydney painter we will provide a painting service that adds an extra element of colour and style to your home.

    ReplyDelete