Monday, April 28, 2014

Shining Bright

All I can say about today is WOW. 

The amount of work achieved in just one day was incredible, finally it seems as though things are moving toward completion. We dropped by the house to meet the electrician this morning and it was like the set of 'The Block'. There were sparkies, plumbers, carpenters ... Tradesmen in every room of the house. 

Today we had our appliances delivered and installed, electrical fit out, more plumbing and even some shower screens started. Still waiting on tilers to finish, but it doesn't seem to be holding anything up. 

I will let the photos do the talking, but we are so very happy with the house. Beside ourselves with excitement actually! There are so many amazing features, I can't pick a favourite but those Gessi Riflessi taps come very close. 

A super big thank you to our electrician David for such an incredible job. The electrical is worth every cent we paid. 

One tiny little mistake... Somebody smashed the oven. I feel sorry for that somebody who had to fess up to our SS! 

Here are the pendants and our amazing saturn switches in the master bedroom
              
              

Ensuite tapware, shower and lights
              
                 
               
    

Kitchen with the gooseneck tap, appliances and lights installed (note smashed oven door...)
    
    
                 
    
    

Main bathroom and powder room
                
                
    

Activity room and front hall, all lit up (okay, maybe a tad over lit really)
                 
                 

Laundry
                 

9 comments:

  1. WOWZERS!!!! Looks fantastic Mel, loving all the photos - keep them coming! Looking amazeballs :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nat! I went a bit photo crazy today, those are the culled selection haha :)
      I'm sure I will have more shots when we get into the house next.

      Delete
  2. Its looking great,,,luv ur taps,,have u been given a handover date yet? What flooring r u guys having? It wont b long now yay , and ur kitchen tap des look like ours,,,,good taste i say lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! I'm so glad I spent all that time convincing my other half that we needed those basin mixers haha. I'd say I'll be spending lots of time in that bathroom (as if I don't take long enough to get ready as it is). No date for handover yet, but I suspect PCI is creeping closer. I'm hoping we might hear something from our SS later this week. Definitely good taste for both of us on the gooseneck kitchen tap - I've never been so excited to wash up.

      We are doing senso pro lock floating floorboards in Australian oak which is quite a warm golden colour. I think it should all come together - it's going to be quite a colourful house.

      Your place is looking fab, I hope you are settling in well!

      Delete
  3. omg Mel what phenomenal progress. those Gessi taps are incredible - I've never seen anything like them before. appliances really complete the look of your house. out of curiosity is there any reason why they are being installed so soon? ours were only delivered today and will be getting installed tomorrow as our SS said they won't put them in until we have moved in. very jealous of your pretty Saturn switches (I'm trying to convince my other half to replace our existing standard switches with these hehe). your house is looking beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! We were super happy with everything completed yesterday. I'm really not sure why they put the appliances in so early... I'm hoping it is a sign that we are actually closer to completion that expected. Bit of a shame there's no flooring underneath them though. Things have always happened in a weird order at our site!

      You can get the saturn switches on eBay for reasonable prices and custom made as well. Or your electrician could probably get them for cost price. Our one with the fan switch is a custom plate - seems to be working but no fan installed yet. Tom wasn't sure about me spending extra on switches but he confessed he was glad for it last night - you can share that with your other half :)

      Can't wait to see more progress pics of your place!

      Delete
  4. Your house is looking amazing, we got our keys the other day, but flooring is getting put in tomorrow. I don't have my cooker yet so its exciting to see yours, what cooker did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful is what comes to mind Mel, don't ya just looooove the saturn switches they certainly make a statement....well done Clipsal!
    So happy that everything's come together so well for you both. Good luck for the next step and enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Michelle and Ms Betsy! Michelle I am soooo glad I got the saturn switches, they look so effective. Have yours bothered your at night in the bedroom? I'm not sure what the glow will be like to sleep with. Finally it feels like we can sit back and enjoy watching the final touches as they happen :)

      Delete