Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The all important PCI date

We had a phone catch up with our SS today and he has tentatively given us the 14th May as our PCI date! Hooray! That is so much closer than we expected. 

There are a myriad of tradesman booked for the next few days and I think our flooring will be one of the last things, booked for next Friday the 9th May. 

I feel like this is the calm before a tidal wave of things that I need to be organizing and booking. I need to get a quote on a retaining wall so we can then mount our fences on top. I also need to sort out council application for our driveway ($250 apparently!). Harvey Norman are on standby with our fridge, Carpet Craft have ordered our carpet and the plantation shutters have arrived ready for installation. 
Building a house has been like a master class in organization. 

Rumour has it our tilers are coming back tomorrow, so I hope I will have stacked stone photos soon. 

Happy days :)

4 comments:

  1. congrats Mel & Tom! that is so close, hopefully you'll have keys in your hand the following week :D make sure someone from your bank gets out to value your house straight after PCI so there are no dramas releasing the cheque for final payment - that was the final nerve wracking step that decided when we got keys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Merryn! It's all slowly starting to sink in that it will only be a few weeks. I've organized our bank valuation for the day after PCI - hopefully it all runs to schedule! I don't think I'll sleep for the next two weeks haha :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations,,,u must b getting so excited :-),,, ur right this is the calm before the storm,,the storm being a flurry of activity when u get those keys in ur hands,,,,,we were exhausted for the first couple of days,,,but now a little more relaxed,,,,,hope u enjoy every minute to the count down,,,,,cause then the fun (hard work) of landscaping begins,,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Ann, I can't wait to get into the house! Gosh we have a lot to do, not to mention the dreaded packing. Hopefully this will be the last move for a long time :) I hope everything at your place is coming along well - not bad weather for landscaping, at least we are getting some rain for new plants and grass.

    ReplyDelete