Friday, April 11, 2014

Cabinetry and Painting Complete

It has been an uncharacteristically long time between blog posts for me. We haven't seen much of our house until today as we were away due to the passing of my beautiful pop. Without his help and many little handouts over the years we would not have been able to build our dream house. We took him on a trip out to the display homes last year, so he was at least able to see what the house will look like. 

We are creeping towards completion and the work seems to come in little bursts. Our tilers haven't been back to finish but the cabinet installer came back to install the kick boards, built in bin and handles. It's all looking very good. 

We have had the basin in our powder room installed and the others will go in with the stone bench tops next week. They did deliver a couple of extra Manooga basins by accident as the guys from Edstein Stone took our Caroma Basa ensuite basins to measure up. 

Painting is all done and it is such a great job. I couldn't praise Greg our painter any higher, he has been fantastic. The colour of the smooth pebble interior paint has actually muted down with a second coat which is good as it was looking very yellow against the grey ensuite tiles. I've also ordered our carpet and changed to bedroom to a more sandy tone which will hopefully match in. 

Ensuite with handles, still awaiting tiling behind the vanity. 
    

Kitchen with stainless steel velour kick boards and handles.
   

The long awaited pull out bin!
                

Laundry under bench cabinets with handles. I found choosing handles really hard but I'm super happy with the hettich handles we chose.
     
     

Power room vanity and main bathroom
     
     

A couple of painting shots (media and children's activity)
     
     

4 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss :'( ur house is coming along nicely,,,it will seem to drag,then theres a flurry of workers,,all doing finishing touches,,,,wont b long now,,,its going to look fantastic,,ur colour choices are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, I have no doubt my pop will be visiting our house in spirit. I was just over commenting on your blog, you are so close now! I'm dreading the packing but when we get to it - moving is the absolute worst. I'm glad you like our colour choices, I'm relieved more than anything that they have worked out. I still don't like our grout through, hopefully it will get darker after some use of the bathroom. If that's the worst I'll happily take it though :)

      Delete
  2. Me too. Sorry to hear about your loss. I can't believe how similar our timelines are. I think we are around 4 weeks away. I hope you get through the PCI and last stages without any dramas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks E&M. These are exciting times for us all huh! It seems like there is a lot to do in the next four weeks. Suddenly I'm running around getting quotes for retaining walls, putting In council applications for the driveway and hoarding furniture in my garage! I hope you guys have a smooth run through PCI too :)

      Delete