Monday, May 19, 2014

Fences Down

Our fences came down on Friday afternoon and it's great to see the house out of its metal cage of security fencing. I've been obsessively checking the doors given our absence of fences on two sides and have found the laundry door not properly pulled shut twice now. I'll feel much happier when we can personally lock our doors each day. Only 3 more sleeps to keys! 

The facade is now complete and the columns look wonderful, I couldn't be happier. The photo was taken right on dark so it's a bit hard to see the details.

     

I knew it was going to be busy coming up to handover but I never really grasped the volume of jobs. We have booked carpet, shutter installation, phone line installation, foxtel and fridge delivery all for next week. We are working on our driveway application for council and just need to drop the form off. Miraculously we seem to have scraped enough money together to do all of this before we move in.  My parents have very generously offered to pay for our fences as a housewarming gift but the fellow can't come for 3 weeks. We will have to carefully close blinds until then - we have a nature reserve and walking track behind our house which has a birds eye view into the ensuite without fences! 

I will hold off on photos until handover, there will be lots I promise! I'm also being indecisive about feature walls, for which I have already purchased the paint. It looks so lovely as it is that I'm not sure I can bring myself to paint the living room another colour.

More decisions...

1 comment:

  1. Getting close now,,,hope ur hand over goes well,,,good luck with ur move,,,looking forward to ur pics :-)

    ReplyDelete