Monday, May 26, 2014

Plantation Shutters Installed

The last few days have been so hectic. Both Tom and I are dead on our feet! We have painted a feature wall, had some more electrical work done, earthmoving and installation of plantation shutters. 

It took our relative who is a sparky nearly 8 hours to put in two heat lights and our fancy ceiling fan. It turns out the fan needed double reinforcing and entirely new wiring at the switch to make it work. Here are the lights and fan, they look fab.
 
    
    

Our plantation shutters are also in and they look beautiful. They make such a difference in keeping out the hot westerly sun in our front bedrooms. The colour in our lounge room is more honey toned than I remember choosing, but I think they are an okay match. The footprints from cement dust all over the floor are driving me crazy.

    

Activity room 
    

Bedrooms Three and Four
    

Main bathroom
    


Master Bedroom (roller blind)
    

Ensuite (still pieces missing under the shutters for each bathroom, as they delivered the wrong size)
    


Media Room
    

A big thanks to Murray and the boys at Abode Blinds for their great work. Next job is carpet! 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please let me know where you bought your artwork for the entry? I absolutely love it! Have my eye on the eden bad also for my daughter. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathryn, the art is from united artworks. They aren't doing those particular pieces anymore but there are hundreds of great canvases to choose from. I got my Eden bed from Amy at www.everythingbegins.com.au I'm sure she could help you out if you want one for your daughter :)

      Delete