Friday, May 2, 2014

Stacked Stone

The last two days have seen the return of the tilers and the completion of the stacked stone on our façade. It looks fantastic and it's not too overwhelming, just some subtle texture on the columns. The tiler has done a great job of cutting the mitre joints for the corners. It is just a bit rough as real stone should be.
               
                                        
                  

At first we thought they must have run out of quartz pieces as the stone ends well before the top of the poles. After reviewing the elevations on our plans I saw that there are two finishing pieces to go over the top of the pole. You can see them pictured below. I'm not sure if they are finished in moroka or stained timber look. Hopefully they will look okay.
              

We also have had our baths, mirrors and shower screens installed but have not been able to go in and view them yet. I did get a shot of the ensuite from outside our bedroom door. I love this bathroom so much, I suspect the time I spend in the bathroom is going to increase greatly (I never make it anywhere on time as it is!).

                      
                    
Only 12 days until PCI!

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is...WOW!!!! Mel, it looks amazing and the stacked stone blends in beautifully, what a gorgeous finishing touch :) until you mentioned it, I hadn't even noticed the stone finished a few inches before the timber poles started - it looks absolutely fine, but when it's yours you notice these things more right?!

    ReplyDelete