Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Laundry Room

Let me start this post with a sincere thanks to everyone who visits the blog. It is now approaching 20,000 hits which is astounding! I thought you might all like a change of scenery so I have given it a little makeover.

Time is really passing quickly in the new house and we have continued on the seemingly endless journey towards furnishing and decorating. This week we have started some landscaping in the front yard and had concrete garden edging laid. We still don't have grass (much to the confusion of many in our neighbourhood) but are so glad we have waited it out for the start of warmer weather - all of the other new houses that laid their grass immediately have brown, dead looking lawns from the frost.

The room I have to share today has taken me ages to finish, despite its fairly simple appearance. I love a good bit of organising, and what better room to start with than the laundry. I've never been so pleased to do the washing! Naturally you can also see our trademark yellow brightening up this room (which runs off the living/kitchen area).


The fun in this laundry really starts when you begin opening cupboards...


I had a fabulous time with some cane baskets from Masters, scrapbooking paper and ribbon. I also picked up some stackable plastic containers from Big W for smaller items (thanks to the lovely Leanne at Lime & Mortar for the shopping idea on her blog). Everything has a place and this makes the perfectionist in me very happy!


Moving into the next overhead cabinet I have my laundry powder and peg tins (which were a bargain from Aldi) along with my favourite, all natural washing detergents and mattress protector spray from Adairs. These products are beautiful and smell so great. I'm looking forward to testing out the rest of their range. 


Hooked onto the door is a cute flip book of 'stain solutions' which I have laminated and put onto a key ring. Very handy advice for removing a range of stains from grass to red wine. You can download your own copy here.


This last item is my favourite and was only just installed this evening by Tom and myself (with much trepidation as we drilled into our cabinetry). This handy wire laundry basket from Tansel slides neatly in and out of our cupboard to hide away dirty laundry. Gone is the time of clothes on the floor and over-full washing baskets.


I really enjoyed decorating this room and there really are some great storage and organisation ideas options to be found on the internet. I hope you have enjoyed the tour!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Those labels, girl after y own heart hehe. I really like the yellow with the colour of your cabinets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking amazing, I swear we must have come out of the same egg somewhere in a distant lifetime. I'm in the process of fixing up my laundry too and I have the same labels already cut and waiting... I just never seem to have time to finish anything at the moment. Love your laundry basket idea that is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see your version of laundry organisation! I've always loved your laundry from the photos on your blog! Tansel were so great to deal with for the laundry basket - highly recommended.

      Delete
  3. Hi Chesterfield,

    That laundry looks really good and functional. I hope you don't mind me asking but did you pay extra for the stone bench top or was that included because of the kitchen and bathrooms?

    Cheers
    Saf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Saf,

      Thankyou very much :) We did pay extra for 20mm caesarstone in the laundry and I'm soooo glad we did. It was about $900 from memory.

      Delete