Sunday, March 1, 2015

An Insta-Glimpse of Our House

It has been a while between blog posts. I have been spending a lot of time with the interior design of our home and still have a few more rooms to finish. The living room in particular has been a long process and is just waiting for installation of a final item (I am a little embarrassed to say its a chandelier given our excess of lighting)

It has been 9 months since we got the keys, which is hard to believe! It has flown by. 
We are still working on the backyard and are in the process of getting quotes for a pool. I can't wait for the day to come when I can walk out and find a lovely landscaped oasis, rather than a giant patch of weeds and dirt. 

To break my posting silence I thought I would share some of my recent Instagram posts with some sneak peaks of our decor. I love Instagram, it is such a great source of inspiration for interior design and shopping as well! If you would like to keep up with my Instagram feed you can find me under @MelSalaris. Enjoy!


Hashtags for brands featured in these posts include: #ahoytrader, #lsart, #kmartaustralia, #targetaustralia, #westelmaus, #typoshop, #designtwins, #mimco, #beaconlighting, #patchnyc, #templeandwebster, #freedomaustralia, #aurahome, #rusticbydesigncreations, #ebstyle, #ikea, #katespade, #commoncircus

2 comments:

  1. Totally unrelated to this post but a question for you about your fireplace and TV above.. we are building and have done the same as you. Do you have a DVD player connected or just the TV? We are trying to work out a solution to this as there is no where to put a dvd player or foxtel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there :) We had troubles with that too. We ended up running a recessed TV antennae and HDMI port behind the TV. The HDMI port comes out near floor level on the side of the pop out for the fireplace. We tend to just plug in Apple TV whenever we watch a movie and then take it away again but you could put a cabinet to hold Foxtel box, dvd player etc. Built in cabinetry with a drawer or doors would be a perfect way to conceal all of the equipment. I'd love to
      hear if you come up with any other high tech ideas!

      Delete